Create custom log
The log is the container of all information about an incident. The log contains the real-time feed, user-tracking, tasks, and incidents.
Open your dashboard by clicking on the RAYVN icon in the top left corner.
Then Click on “Start log”. And then "Create custom log".
Fill out the details of the incident at hand.
- Title. Give the log a title. The title indicates which type of incident you are about to start. The nature of the situation can be anything, based on the organization you represent. But here are some examples of what the titles can be:
- Gas leak in building
- Personnel injury
- Suspicious person
- Missing child
- Hurricane warning
- Enter a description. Give a short description of the situation. The description can be sent to the teams, and give them a general understanding of the situation.
Specify the position of the critical event either by:
- Click in the map
- Entering the address
- Adding the GPS coordinates
Add teams to log. From the list of Available teams (mark a), you can select which team you want to give access to the log. If you want to see which persons that's a part of the different teams, you can click on the user-icon (mark b). You will also see which forms of notification the different user will receive. In order to add the team to this log, click on the + sign (mark c).
You need to select at least one team to create a log. The teams you have selected will be listed under "Selected Teams". By clicking on the notification icon (mark d), you can decide whether a team should receive notifications or not. By default, the selected teams will receive notifications, but this can be turned off if needed.
If you want to remove a team from the list of Selected Teams, just click on the X on the right of the team name (mark e).
When you are done selecting teams for this specific log, click "Next". It will also be possible to add additional teams after the log has been started. This is only the teams that will receive the initial notification.
At the final step of creating the log, you can select:
- Start log. To start notifying the persons in the selected team(s), and give all access to the shared log
- Create exercise. All teams will be notified, but the log will be visibly marked as an exercise so that your teams know that this is not a real incident.
You will see the progress of the notification. As the teams are notified, they will be checked. When the notification has been completed, click on “Open log”
Congrats! You have created your first log. And you can start posting on your shared feed/log. This was a manual process, where you created a log from scratch. By utilizing the RAYVN templates, you can speed up this process a lot. A template will contain predefined information, so you don't have to enter any manual information if an emergency occurs.