The Collaboration functionality allows you to collaborate with external companies/partners (Stakeholders) in an open log in RAYVN. We will now go through the simple steps needed to use this functionality. The functionality is available for all RAYVN customers, but you need to add the Stakeholders that are important to you in RAYVN. After you have added one, or more Stakeholders, you are ready to start a Collaboration whenever a critical event occurs, right from your active RAYVN log. Read more about how to use Collaboration functionality.
For this demonstration, we will connect two organizations in RAYVN, "Red Company" and "Blue Company", to set up the Collaboration functionality between these two. Our organization is "Red company", and we would like to be able to set up for a collaboration with "Blue Company" during any critical event.
1. Add a stakeholder
In order to have a real Collaboration between your organization, and others, it by nature needs to be a shared objective. Both organizations need to agree that you agree to Collaborate. This is reflected in how you add Stakeholders in RAYVN.
Go to Account settings.
Click on the tab "Stakeholders".
Click on "Create stakeholder".
- Add the name of the Company/organization
- Set a Stakeholder type (Local, Regional, or Global). If your RAYVN account uses multiple groups in a hierarchy, this defines at what level of the hierarchy the Stakeholder will be connected to. Depending on if the Company might be a local, or company-wide resource.
- Define a group the Stakeholder should be connected to
- Add Contact points. This allows you to add key contact persons from your stakeholder. This is optional and is only meant as a reference, and you don't have to add any persons to be able to use the Collaboration functionality.
- Click Save, when you are done.
2. Invite the stakeholder to a Collaboration agreement
We now have added the stakeholder "Blue Company". But at this point, there is no "connection" between" the two organizations. When you have clicked on the stakeholder in the list of stakeholders, you will see the Stakeholder info. It is labeled as "No current agreement".
If you are the one that will invite Blue Company to a collaboration, click on "Invite to Collaboration". You will now get a unique 5-digit code, that you simply can copy. Click the copy icon next to the code.
You now need to send this code to your contact person in Blue Company. You can do this any way you want. By email, text/SMS, phone call, etc.
Your stakeholder, Blue Company, now has to do the same operation in their RAYVN Account.
If you have received a Collaboration agreement Invitation code do as follows: - Go to Account settings > Stakeholders - Add "Red Company" as your stakeholder - Click on "I have received a vode" in the "Collaboration agreement" section - Enter/paste the code, and Save
Repeat these steps for each new stakeholder you need to add. By doing this you are building a network in RAYVN of connected companies that will be able to provide each other will help and assistance during critical events.
Tell your stakeholders that you would like to connect with them in RAYVN, and start building your network. All to provide an even better Emergency Preparedness.